Relics of Christ's Passion
Make This Year’s Lenten Season A Special Experience
Join us at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church for a unique encounter with nine rare Relics of Christ’s Passion to enhance your devotional experience for this Lenten Season. Having the opportunity to be in the presence of these holy relics is an experience that helps you renew your connection with the very roots of your faith.
The program allows you to engage in a unique commemoration of Jesus’ walk to Calvary. This powerful program is a one-hour presentation supported with music and meditation.
A collection such as this is generally seen only in Rome or the Holy Land.
The Relics of the Passion collection includes:
- A piece of the Ture Cross which was discovered by St. Helena
- A piece of the Holy Table from the room where the Last Supper took place
- A piece of the Column of Flagellation
- A piece of the Crown of Thorns
- A replica of the Holy Nail, fashioned using filings from the true nails
- A relic (bone) of St. Longinus, the centurion who pierced the side of Christ
- A picture of (the effigy of) the Veil of Veronica touched to the original with a Vatican seal attesting to the fact.
- A piece of the exterior wrapping for the Shroud of Turin
- Relics of the Holy Apostles
WHERE: Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church
785 Highland Avenue
Waterbury, CT 06708
WHEN: Thursday, April 11
Program: 7 PM
Veneration: Immediately following the program